My client, international corporation is recruiting for a regional counsel to look after it’s APAC region, reporting to the regional general counsel and work with a tightknit team with top tier international law firm background, to manage regional legal matters and their businesses throughout the region.
- The counsel will report to the General Counsel APAC based in Hong Kong and
- In addition to providing legal support for activities in Asia Pacific with the inclusion of the Greater China Region, the position shall also be responsible for providing legal support for operational and compliance matters for the Asia Pacific region or for such other jurisdictions as may be directed, from time to time.
- The Counsel position shall also be responsible for supporting the Corporate Transactions Group for matters in the APAC region.
- Assuring that development matters are documented, (ie. FDI and Business Agreements, etc) and appropriately reviewed by the finance & accounting as well as other functional areas, as appropriate
- Providing legal advice to senior management and operations business units for Asia Pacific
- Engaging external counsel in accordance with company and legal department policy on an as needed basis
- Providing initial guidance to the business should legal issues arise and assisting in referral to proper legal advisors if needed
- Providing other legal advice to the company as requested
- Managing the budget of external counsel and negotiating, when possible, alternative fee arrangements
- Maintaining internal legal filing and record system
- Candidate must hold a law degree from top tier university with experience in practise law in the Hong Kong jurisdiction
- The candidate need to come from an international law firm and in-house experience is a plus but not necessarily required
- At least 5 years PQE is required
- Candidate will need:
- Strong commercial contracting and negotiation skills
- Ability and passion to drive innovation to the business
- High proficiency in both written and verbal English
- Experience working internationally
Contact: Sunny Yung
Phone: + 852 2537 0333